Cilia2020 will be the fifth consecutive biennial European Cilia Conference. We initiated this series in London (Cilia2012), followed by Paris (Cilia2014), Amsterdam (Cilia2016), and Copenhagen (Cilia2018).
Two decades of groundbreaking discoveries in cilia biology has revolutionized our understanding of the critical role of cilia in signaling, development, tissue homeostasis and disease. Ever since, this field and the community have been growing rapidly. Major breakthroughs continue to occur in cilia research with the number of publications still increasing exponentially. Therefore, there is a continued need for meetings that promote scientific exchange and networking in this highly interdisciplinary field.
- Molecular and clinical aspects of ciliopathies (including kidney, eye, brain, and motile ciliopathies)
- Cilia in tumour cells and cancer
- Cilia in metabolism
- Cilia in neurons
- Structure biology of cilia, basal bodies, centrioles, and centrosomes
- Ciliary protein and membrane trafficking
- Cilia in signalling and development
- Motile cilia or flagella
- To provide an interactive forum for open discussion of latest results and define future directions of cilia research.
- To further connect cilia researchers from different disciplines and promote active exchange between the scientific community and patient organizations.
- To promote and support early career cilia researchers.
- To strengthen scientific exchange and collaboration within Europe, as well as internationally.